TONGA PHOTOGRAPHY TRIP 2024
SWIMMING WITH HUMPBACK WHALES
Join us for a once in a life time experience on an exclusive trip to interact with humpback whales in Tonga. Swim in the blue waters, amongst the presence of humpback whales and snorkel the vast coral reefs full of marine life.
This trip aims to showcase the gentle giants of the sea and give you a chance to photograph some incredible and intimate moments with the whales. Brooke is partnering with award winning photographer Scott Portelli to run this trip. He has over 20yrs of experience swimming with whales in Tonga. His business ‘Swimming With Gentle Giants’ (www.swimmingwithgentlegiants.com) has global reputation as a superior operator in the area. So we are certainly going to be in good hands with his crew out on the sapphire waters of Tonga.
Humpback whales give birth in the tropical waters of Vava’u to ensure the safety of their new born calves. You will be witness to the bond between a mother and calf and witness the unique behaviour that can only be experienced by observing these amazing creatures in their natural environment. Humpback males escort the mother and calves waiting for the opportunity to mate before heading back to the Antarctic waters to feed. Your day is filled with excitement and admiration, only stopping to explore the coral gardens and abundant marine life that inhabits Tonga.
During the trip you will also learn photography fundamentals and photo editing with Brooke, all up the trip will be a full on photographic experience for any anyone who wishes to further their skill set while experiencing the magical of humpback whales in the crystal clear waters of Tonga.
This trip caters for all photography levels, even if you just want to experience the whales themselves you are welcome to join. Tonga is one of only a few places in the world where you can swim with Humpback whales. And the regulations state clearly that only 4 people and a licensed guide can be in the water with the whales at any one time. We don’t scuba dive with the whales, only snorkel and practice a soft approach to interactions with these amazing mammals.
This trip will cater for a small private group of only 6 people so be sure to secure your spot.
10 Days Accomodation
7 Days Swimming With Whales
TRIP COST PER PERSON Total tour cost = $7,900 USD
Deposit to secure booking $1000 USD
Second payment $2,900 Due 15th March
Final Payment $4,000 Due 30th June
• 10 Nights Accommodation in shared house
• Ocean front accommodation with views over the harbour
• Photography Fundamentals Workshop
• Editing Workshop Using Adobe Lightroom
• 7 Days on the water swimming with humpbacks
• Possibility of other cetacean and marine life interactions
• Daily snorkeling on reefs and in caves
• On board Marine Biologist and guide
• Small Group of only 6 Guests
• Morning tea, lunch and refreshments while on the water
• Professional photos from the trip provided by Brooke Pyke
• Underwater Photography Manual PDF Book
• Photography advice and guidance
• Pick ups daily from your accommodation
• Airport transfers in Vava’u.